Tell you what team – I left for an adventure to Standing Rock, October 2016, and it has changed my life!
For those who have been following, supporting, sharing, divesting (!) – Thank You! I’m proud of us, for myself and so many of you, for becoming more engaged than we have in our entire lives; it has been depressing at times, I know; and to keep paying attention is a daily struggle, I know.
Thank you for your patience – this will be my return to posting since around the time I was arrested. It is hard to describe how camp works exactly but to say it takes good intentions and a good bit of learning, humility and energy to figure out one’s place – is an understatement. Anyway, I was just finding my niche around this time and it kept me so busy each day, before the sun rose to after it set that the daily trip to connectivity lost its priority; it felt amazing!
Then, if you keep up on the Transparency log, you will be able to track the expenditure of all your wonderful donations to the cause: driving elders, gathering winter supplies, and transporting new water protectors to camp!
Since that time:
- Thousands of Veterans arrived to camp to protect the water protectors from the Army Corps of Engineers’ December 5th, eviction notice.
- In response to the mobilization, Obama ordered another halt on the project, required the Army Corps to stand down and enforce the completion of the Environmental Impact Statement (of which public comments are needed) – therefore No more impending doom for the winter!
- Most essential personnel stayed at camp through the harshest part of winter – awaiting Trump’s inauguration day and alternate facts.
I came home to California and knew my life would never be what it was before…
(How does one speak boldly without excluding someone?)
Friends, please know it is Very important to me that you know I support you just as you have supported me. I do not, I Cannot judge your lives or life’s work. We each have a purpose the fulfilling of which is unique to each of us. In the case of differences – bipartisan, orientation, spiritual, etc. – differences of any nature, I can only be the best Me in trying to understand, and in trying to focus on commonalities and grow love from these. Even of my enemies, I hope this from myself and others…
That said, thankfully my bogus Morton County Felony was dropped but… going forward, I will always be the person in your life who went to North Dakota and stood in civil disobedience against racism and numerous (and still counting) violations against humanity by “public servants” on the ground up to the highest offices of our country for the sake of profit and “progress”; and the saga continues.
My eyes have been opened to many things – ultimately to the facts:
- There are organized forces in this world operating in darkness under the prerogative that any means justify the ends and are operating by day in positions which control how and what media networks cover and what they do not, what airs and what does not, what is spoken about in Presidential candidate debates and what is not.
- The rest of us work so much, so much more than the 40-hour-week we commute to, that doing anything else feels impossible. Keeping up with our family and closest relationships, our own health – outside of work (!) is hard enough.
Yet, We can sense the brokenness of it all (there is our common ground) – education, healthcare; our very own democracy and “American Dream” is no longer our freedom, it’s our debt! Where do we begin with that?! It’s all so big.
My eyes have been opened and there Is hope (how about that #womensmarch; and the tallying wins as conveyed via the Resistance Report).
I knew when I began this journey not everyone would be able to come and I understand this. I understand the obligations you have to your families and I know they are not obligations at all, but Blessings… the joys of life. It is the obligations we’ve built around these things that are illusions we’ve been marketed and it is upon all of us to open our eyes and acknowledge, disown, reject, organize, boycott and divest (how to do it and where to go) from the things that have become Unacceptable during our complacent time of abundance and comfort. EXAMPLE of Unacceptable: CDC Knew Its Vaccine Program Was Exposing Children to Dangerous Mercury Levels Since 1999.
I’m uncovering things. This is the journey you have supported thus far. What next?
I’ve written a book (!)…captured a piece of history that shall never be forgotten with inklings, how-to’s, of replicating the efforts of reclaiming our humanity from greed.
I’ll continue to go where not all can and to uncover buried things. To further study my hunch about Reverse Progress, our most pertinent mission to go backward in order to go forward – like putting heart back into everything we do (as the Lakota have reminded me to do), like taking chemicals back out of food and water and clothing, like taking money back out of democracy; remembering what life once was and must always be: shelter, food, water and those yet unborn.
In all of my travels, tribulations, and simple joys – you, my family, all my relatives, are always with me. Me/We!
As always, make sure you are divested from the Unacceptable things!